Get to know the model experience as an end-user

Welcome to the updated Anaplan model experience! The Anaplan functionality you are used to, now with a modernized appearance and simplified navigation.

InFebruary 2023, the updated model experience will become the default for all users.

When you access Anaplan your models from Home or the Models screen, the new look and feel will automatically apply. Nothing needs to be rebuilt, and there is no change to how you access your models.

What is the model experience?

You can interact with Anaplan in two ways:eschera_0-1657923429963.png

1. In the user experience, leveraging Apps and Pages
  2. Directly in the models, through modules and dashboards (you may have heard this called classic dashboards)

When we say the model experience, that is the second option. From the Anaplan Home screen, if you use theModelssection to open dashboards, this is themodel experience.

What is changing?

如果您只使用一个用户体验应用manbetx电脑版登录d Pages for your reporting or planning activities, the updates to the model experience will not impact you.

But, if you access dashboards or modules using the Models section in Home (see above), you will benefit from these enhancements.

You will experience anupdated look and feel and a streamlined navigationfor faster access to the information you need in your models. Everything else will remain the same; the same content, the same dashboards or modules, and the same tab-based experience you rely on today.

See below for all the improvements to your Anaplan experience once these changes become the default.

Enhanced interface:

eschera_1-1657923429985.pngThe new look and feel is aligned with the Anaplan User Experience Apps and Pages to help create aunified experienceno matter how you access your content.

The enhanced interface includes:eschera_2-1657923430037.png

1. New navigation header (also known as breadcrumb navigation)
  2. Updated contents panel (also known as model contents)

Improved navigation:

We’ve improved navigationwithinandbetweenmodels, making it easier than ever to find what you need in Anaplan.

Model switching: dropdown

eschera_3-1657923430072.png

One of the most significant enhancements is the simplicity of switching between models.

You no longer have to navigate to Home or the Models screen.

Now, the dropdown in the navigation header allows you to switch between workspaces or models with one click.

Content panel: search

eschera_4-1657923430081.pngQuickly search for your available content using the Contents search. Start typing in the search bar to filter all available matching dashboards and modules (based on their names) within the section headers. This allows you to pinpoint the content you need.

Content panel: open all

eschera_5-1657923430090.png

Open all the dashboards within a section with the one-click “Open all” functionality. Another time-saver that speeds up your planning activities.

Content panel: open landing page

To quickly reopen your meschera_6-1657923430092.pngodel landing page (the default tab for the model), click the always-available home icon in the content panel.

Content panel: expand/collapse

eschera_7-1657923430102.png

Within the Contents panel, expand or collapse all sections or individual sections, making navigating easier.

Clicking the arrows by the Contents header will expand or collapse all sections simultaneously. Or use the arrows next to each section header to expand or collapse a specific group.

The “Open all” functionality is still available even in the collapsed mode.

Dashboard toolbar: show/hide

eschera_8-1657923430116.png

The new Model Experience now uses an intuitive right-click on the dashboard tab to allow you to show or hide the dashboard toolbars.

Once you have made that selection, your preference will apply to all dashboards until you modify your choice.

Module: formula preview

eschera_9-1657923430136.png

A formula preview mode will be available if you have access to modules as well as dashboards. This allows you an easier way to view the logic behind the formula.

Direct linking

With these updates, you will gain the ability to direct link (also called deep linking) within the models, as you can already do in the Apps and Pages in the User Experience. The URL in your browser will include the reference to the tab displayed on your screen. Simply copy the URL to create the shareable link.

eschera_10-1657923430169.png

Just image all the possibilities:

• Sharea specific dashboard with a colleague (as long as they have access) by pasting the link in an email (or messaging tool)
  • Includethe link to the dashboard in your planning or administration documentation
  • Favoritea specific dashboard in your browser for easier access
  • Directyour Anaplan development team to a particular dashboard for enhancement requests by sharing the link

What do I need to do?

既然你知道那玩意儿能做什么or you, what do you need to do to upgrade? Nothing!
Once this becomes the default model experience this Autumn, you will automatically enjoy the modernized appearance and improved navigation, with no action required.

Don’t want to wait?Learn how to enable the new model experience onAnapediato get early access today.

Contributing authorAnne-Julie Balsamo.

Tagged:

Comments

• andrewtye
    edited December 2022

Excellent overview! Have been trying to put something together to share for our end users beyond the basics... I think I'll just use this instead.

• saglago
    edited December 2022

I am doing the same@andrewtye

• eschera
    edited December 2022

@andrewtye@saglagoglad this was helpful! What else would help for you to be able to share with your end-users?

• riccymiccy
    edited December 2022

It will be interesting (i.e. challenging) to see how our hundreds of end users cope with the new look. Change is change but they will no doubt get upset initially before they realise that the functionality that they use is exactly the same. And thankfully they don't need to search for modules or list items.

• GeorgeDuckett
    edited December 2022

If anyone needs/wants an extension that adds functionality to the new formula editor, I've created addins for chrome/edge/firefox. See my post about it here:https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Better-Formula-Editor-for-Anaplan-A-new-Chrome-Firefox-Edge/m-p/128250

• karabela
    edited December 2022

Thank you@escheraand@annejuliefor the overview of this updated version.

• @eschera,@annejulie,

I have a couple of urgent questions :

• We have one big project with tons of users that are still using classic dashboarding. Although this is great we want to use a more simplified version of it. eg skipping anything to do with UX, contents and formula editor
    • Is there an option for users to switch back to the previous one, if they really want to ? I assume the answer is no
    • Is there an option to delay the switchover for us ?
    • When is this happening exactly ?

谢谢!

• @Alessio_PaglianoReply to your urgent questions

1)根据职位,

You will experience anupdated look and feel and a streamlined navigationfor faster access to the information you need in your models. Everything else will remain the same; the same content, the same dashboards or modules, and the same tab-based experience you rely on today.

--So there should be not much changes in Classic Dashboard and the present users can still work easily with the New Model Experience. Better to inform all the present users about this new Model Experience so that they can get a Hands on experience before it becomes the default.

2) No, Once the New Model Experience becomes default one. Users will not have access to old Model Experience. But you can still write to Anaplan Customer Support to get exact answer.

3 & 4) Switch-over to New Model Experience was planned on 20th Feb 2023, but as per recent notification i think it will happen on 25th FEB 2023.So you have still 4 days time.

Hope this is information is correct. Thanks

• @ibg1989I know it's meant for@Alessio_Paglianobut the switch happened this Monday, 20th February 2023.

• @saglagoThanks for the confirmation, The Switchover seems to happen region wise. For APAC region its still the old Model Experience, May be for your region the switchover is already deployed by Anaplan Team.

In that case,@Alessio_Paglianothe remaining regions New Model Experience switch over should happen as seen below

-----------------------------------------------------------

Day 2: Tuesday 21st February 2023 (21 Feb 2023)

* AMER customers (UK am release at 10:00)

* APAC customers (UK pm release at 17:00)

Day 3: Wednesday 22nd February 2023 (22 Feb 2023)

* Partners, Prospects, and anyone not in the buckets above and/or unknown regions (UK am release at 09:00)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks☺️

• @Alessio_Pagliano

--Post deployment of New Model Experience, i can see there is an option to switch between Anaplan Classic and New Model Experience

In case user still wants to see/work on old Model experience; They can click on Top right side of Home-screen as shown in image.

image.png

谢谢!

• Hi all,

How rude I never replied ! Thanks a lot@ibg1989and@saglago

In the end what we did was to create and send a compressed note to the end users but really just for the changes/features of interest (navigation and search funcionality).

I was looking for a word document which I would have used as a starting point but it wasn't available so I have created what was needed from scratch.

We deliberately omitted the "switch back to classic" which I have shared with the Support Team and developers only. At that point in time some users from different workspaces/models raised performance concerns so we kept the "rollback" as a debugging option only.

谢谢!

爱丽斯sio Pagliano